Pushbots automate business processes. To automate a business process, a Workflow has different pieces and elements to make that happen: the trigger, tasks and actions, data tables, predictive models, and more. A Workflow could be built to automate creating a monthly report, automate the onboarding process for a new hire, or more.
When working with a Workflow, an instance of it is started to manage a specific process instance. For example, If you’re running a “Update Spreadsheet” Workflow, one instance would be started for each update.
After you create a Workflow, you get to construct each part of it, like setting the sequence of tasks that should run, the trigger that initiates it, and the rules that should be followed every time an instance is started.
- Select Workflows from the top navigation bar
Select near the upper-right corner.
- Add basic information about the Workflow, like the name, description, category, and owner
- Add a trigger to start new instances of this Workflow. You can have multiple triggers starting the same Workflow. For example, an incoming email or when someone submits a form could both be triggers
- Add the actions, which are the instructions for what this Workflow does each time it starts. For example, after a trigger, the Workflow parses an incoming email for key words and sends an dynamic response
- Add any optional data tables or Helper Workflows which expand the capabilities of a Workflow—these can be added later too.
- To set permissions, Select at the top of the page and select Permissions
💡Tip: Looking for inspiration of types of Workflows you can create? Learn more about finding automation opportunities.
If you create a new Workflow, you automatically have edit rights; other members of a team must have edit rights enabled manually. If you cannot edit a particular Workflow, reach out to a team admin.
- Select Workflows in the top navigation bar
- Select a Workflow, this will open the Workflow detail page
- Select in the upper-right corner to get to the Workflow Settings screen
See Workflow Settings for more information on editing.
After you’ve created a Workflow, you can view the Workflow detail page to view and manage it.
Every instance that’s started is tracked and listed on the Workflow’s detail screen. For each instance, you can see a summary of the instance details, as well as select an instance of your choice to jump to the instance detail page and see all the activity and progress.
- Select Workflows in the top navigation bar and choose a Workflow
- Find and select an Workflow from an instance by opening an instance and selecting the Workflow name above the instance title
- Find and select a Workflow from your Favorites on the home screen
- Search for an Workflow by selecting on the top right of any page
For general guidance on building a Workflow and learning about basic Catalytic concepts, check the Building Workflows section for detailed guides and articles on building a Workflow.
For details on how to configure automated actions, check the Actions & Triggers section for guides for each of our 200+ automated actions.
For details on how to set up triggers, visit the Triggers section.
To learn how to connect Catalytic to other apps and systems, see the Integrations section.
To learn how to leverage data tables in your Workflow and create predictive models, visit the AI & Data section.