Both teams members and admins can add new users. All team members are able to add new team members, but only admins are able to add other admins.
Other than being invited, a user can request an invite to a team at the team’s login screen.
The invited user will receive an e-mail from your Catalytic team with a button to join and create an account.
- Open the menu in the top navigation bar, and select Team.
- On the My Team page, select at the top of the page.
- Complete the fields to invite a new user
- Permissions: A user can be a team member or an admin. Team member will be the only option unless you are an admin.
- Email Address: Enter an email for the new team member
- Invite Message: Optionally, add a note to the new team member with their invite email.
💡Tip: The invited user will receive an e-mail from your Catalytic team with a button to join and create an account.
Use the Email: Invite a user action to invite and add a new user to your Catalytic team from a Workflow.
All new users will enter the team as Team Members. Use the My team section if they should have Admin access. The invitation link will expire after 3 days.
If your team has SSO enabled, you can still invite users through the My Team page, or through the Create user and Invite a user action.
When the user accepts the invite and begins the account creation process, they first authenticate with their SSO provider, then create their Catalytic account—and since they are authenticated, no password is required during account creation.
Use the Workflow: Create a user action to add a new user to a Catalytic team without sending an invite.
This action is helpful to automatically add a user to a team. For example, an employee on-boarding process can add the user without an invite, with preconfigured settings and notification preferences.
⚠️ Heads-up: Only admins can use this action, or start an instance of a Workflow that contains this action.
If you are joining a new Catalytic team, a team member can invite you, or you can request an invite from that team’s login page. Once your invite is accepted, or you’re invited manually, you can create a new account. Creating an account requires an invite.
- Head to the Catalytic team URL for the new team. Team URL’s use the format teamname.pushbot.com, where teamname is your team’s name. Make sure you’re on the right team!
Select Request an invite
- On the next screen, enter the email you would like to use for the account.
If you request an invite, all team admins are alerted of the request by e-mail. From there, they can accept or deny the request. If the request is accepted, you’ll receive an invite to create a new account.
By default, All Team Members can invite new users to a team they’re a member of. From the Admin Team Center, admins can change change this setting to Admin only to restrict team members from inviting users if necessary.
See Configure who can invite new users on the Admin Team Center page to learn more.