SFTP is a secure protocol for file access, file transfer, and file management on a server, using either a Username and Password or SSH key for authentication.
After you set up the integration, the credentials can be used in Workflow SFTP actions. This means you don’t have to reenter the credentials every time you add an SFTP action to a Workflow.
Integrations can only be set up by Admin users and are enabled per team. See our General Integration Information page for an overview of integrations and some recommendations when configuring new integrations.
Configuring SFTP credentials is simple but requires an authentication method. A username and password or SSH key is required to set up the integration.
✅ Heads-up: Your SFTP domain must be available outside of an internal network. You can use a DNS Checker to confirm if your SFTP domain is public. If you get an alert like “Search Error or Records not Exists”, contact your internal IT team to discuss creating an external SFTP domain, or providing a direct IP address for the SFTP server instead.
The following instructions are for creating an integration for the first time. If you already have a connection, select the integration and select Add a Connection, or see How to create a new connection for an existing integration.
- Open the overflow menu in the top navigation bar, and select Admin.
- Select Integrations at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Add an Integration button in the top right corner.
- Select the SFTP integration then select Add this Connection.
- Fill in the details. Choose the authentication type for your SFTP server.
- Based on the authentication type, enter the Username and Password. combination or Username and SSH Key combination specific to the SFTP server.
- Enter the SFTP URL for the credentials. This will begin with sftp://
- Set the integration permissions if necessary.
- Select Connect.
- Note: We can support SSH-DSS as a host authentication algorithm upon request. You can contact Catalytic Support to discuss enabling this authentication type.
In some cases, SFTP triggers and actions will fail depending on the encryption algorithms your SFTP server supports. We support the following encryption algorithms. See exceptions below.
Catalytic can support the ssh-dss host key format upon request. Please contact Catalytic Support to start this process.
If your encryption method isn’t supported, contact Catalytic Support to work through options.
Thanks for your feedback
We update the Help Center daily, so expect changes soon.
Paste this URL anywhere to link straight to the section.