Use this action to download secure files from an FTP folder.
Saving a file to an SFTP folder is a common method for creating an automated integration between Catalytic and another application. For example, export a CSV from an application and save it to an SFTP site where a Workflow can download and turn it into a data table.
This action requires a preconfigured SFTP integration. For more information on integrating Catalytic with other systems, please refer to the Integrations section of our help documentation.
There are many types of SFTPs, both web-based & on-prem and some will require a dedicated IP. If needed and if IT allows, we can authenticate with a username and strong password.
- Select your team’s SFTP integration from the list.
- The name of the file to download, including the extension.
- The folder path for the folder that contains the file you want to download.
- When entering a folder name, enter a / before it. For example, if the full folder path is ftp://example.exampleftp.com/folder, enter: /folder
- The name of the field that will contain the file.
This action will store the downloaded file in the field defined in Output field name.
- The url of the uploaded file. The field name will be the output field name defined during configuration.
If something’s not working as expected, or you’re looking for suggestions, check through the options below.
In some cases, SFTP triggers and actions will fail depending on the encryption algorithms your SFTP server supports. Your SFTP server and Catalytic must support the same encryption algorithms.
For a list of supported algorithms, see Supported SFTP Encryption Algorithms
Thanks for your feedback
We update the Help Center daily, so expect changes soon.
Paste this URL anywhere to link straight to the section.