If you use web forms in your automation and use the forms externally, you may need to meet GDPR compliance rules. To help be GDPR compliant, you should add privacy links to your web forms.
With this method, you can add a unique text-only field to the bottom of your web forms with all the relevant privacy information. You can follow the same steps below for any web form.
- From Triggers and Fields section of the Workflow Builder page, select Add a Field.
Name the field
Privacy Linksand choose the
In the Instruction Text box, add the privacy links relevant for your company. For example:
- Select at the top.
The instruction field accepts markdown formatting, so when you set up your own links to your privacy materials, note that they follow this format:
[This is a link](http://that-will-go-to-this-address.net/)
If you need to create a page with a custom Data Protection Notice, you can create a web form in Catalytic with a disabled submit button—this is a great way to make a basic website you can share. You can learn more about customizing web forms in the Customize and add features to web forms article.
- Select Workflows from the top navigation bar, then select .
- Select Blank Template, and input a name and description (these will not appear to customers).
- Select Next: Configure this Workflow.
- Click to open the Triggers and Fields section, and select Add a Trigger and select Web Form.
- Enter the Trigger name, Form title, Form instructions, URL.
- Select Done, then select the X in the upper-left corner.
- In the Triggers and Fields section, select Add a Field.
- Name the field Privacy Page and choose the field type of Instructions.
- Enter the privacy page details, using markdown formatting.
When linking to a Custom Privacy Page, append
?disable-submit=true to the end of the URL to disable the submit button. For example: