When fields are necessary for automated actions, always set them to be required. This prevents unexpected issues in automation if someone were to mistakenly not fill out a required field.
You can also apply validation to fields, entry validation prevents or restricts a user from submitting a form or task when a field has incorrect data.
Combine required fields with entry validation to keep all incoming data correctly formatted. This is great when you are collecting email addresses, phone numbers, or addresses, as well as survey responses or other mandatory data.
You can make a field required from the bottom of any Configure field screen. You can set any editable field as required.
Entry validation prevents or restricts a user from submitting a form or task when a field has incorrect data.
- Choose a Workflow, this will open the Workflow detail page.
- Select in the upper-right corner to get to the Workflow Builder page.
- Click open the Triggers and Fields section to head to your Instance Fields
Select Add a Field. Scroll to the middle and look for Entry Validation.
- Select Add a Validation under the Entry Validation section.
- Select the entry validation type from the drop down list, then enter the value.
- Optionally add an error message under the Error Message section.
Here’s an example of the process for a text field:
💡 Tip: Check out the full entry validation article to learn more about applying validation.
Thanks for your feedback
We update the Help Center daily, so expect changes soon.
Paste this URL anywhere to link straight to the section.