Web Site Credentials provide an easy and secure way to use log in credentials within browser automation. Instead of typing in a username and password while building a Workflow, set up web site credentials so actions like Browser: Enter username and password can reference preconfigured credentials.
Web site credentials add a layer of security when using login information in automation. If web site credentials are used in a task, the information is never exposed to the builder—builders can use and reference the login, but will never see the actual login information.
Integrations can only be set up by Admin users and are enabled per team. See our General Integration Information page for an overview of integrations and some recommendations when configuring new integrations.
Configuring Web Site Credentials is simple and only requires the username, password, and permitted URLs for the login information.
Permitted URLs are the web page addresses or domains for which the username and password may be used. For example, if only one permitted URL is added, the username and password can only be used on that page.
The following instructions are for creating an integration for the first time. If you already have a connection, select the integration and select Add a Connection, or see How to create a new connection for an existing integration.
- Open the menu in the top navigation bar, and select Admin.
- Select Integrations at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Add an Integration button in the top right corner.
- Select Web Site Credentials then select Add this Connection.
- Fill in the details. Enter the Username for the login
- Enter the Password for the login. The password will be hidden.
- Enter any Permitted URLS, each on a separate line. The username and password will not be entered if there is an attempt to use the web site credentials on any other URL.
- Set the integration permissions if necessary.
- Select Connect to finalize adding the integration.