Trello is an easy to use Kanban list-making application used by businesses and individuals.
Integrations can only be set up by Admin users and are enabled per team. See our General Integration Information page for an overview of integrations and some recommendations when configuring new integrations.
Setting up the Trello integration requires an account with Trello. An API Token is required for setup, which requires administrator privileges in your Trello account.
The following instructions are for creating an integration for the first time. If you already have a connection, select the integration and select Add a Connection, or see How to create a new connection for an existing integration.
- Open the overflow menu in the top navigation bar, and select Admin.
- Select Integrations at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Add an Integration button in the top right corner.
- Select the Trello integration then select Add this Connection.
- Fill in the details.
Enter your Trello API Key and Token. The token’s permissions will match the user who created, so it is recommended to generate the token from an admin account. See API Introduction from Trello for more information.
- Log in to your Trello account.
- While logged in, visit https://trello.com/app-key/. Read and accept the Trello Developer Terms.
- Select Show API Key
- The API Key is labeled at the top of the page. Enter the API Key into the API Key field of your Catalytic Integration.
- On the same page, select Token under the API Key.
- Select Allow.
- On the next page, the Token is displayed. Enter the Token into the Token field of your Catalytic Integration.
- Set the integration permissions if necessary.
- Select Connect.