SharePoint is a web-based collaborative platform and is a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from different devices.
Integrations can only be set up by Admin users and are enabled per team. See our General Integration Information page for an overview of integrations and some recommendations when configuring new integrations.
✅ Heads-up: Only the Cloud version of SharePoint is supported at this time. If your company uses the on-prem version, you could consider using our Web API actions.
Configuring the SharePoint integration requires a registered SharePoint Client Secret and Client ID. Set up will require a Microsoft login and password from an Azure admin.
Once you have the Client Secret and Client ID from the steps below, fill out the secure Sharepoint Credential Submission form. We’ll contact you once the integration is ready to use.
The Client Secret and ID are used to authenticate a secure connection between SharePoint and Catalytic. This is a standard authentication method between modern applications.
- Start from your Microsoft Azure Portal at https://portal.azure.com.
- Select Azure Active Directory on the left sidebar.
- Select App registrations in the panel that opens up.
Select New registration at the top of the new panel.
- In the register an application page, fill in the following fields:
- Name: workflow-sharepoint-integration
- Supported Account Types: Accounts in this organizational directory (Single Tenant)
- Redirect URI: https://security.pushbot.com/oauth
💡 Tip: Make sure the Redirect URI drop-down stays set to Web
After the app registers, select it on the app registrations page.
- Select API permissions in the left side bar.
Select Add a permission in the panel that opens up.
Scroll down, and select Sharepoint from the list of available APIs.
Select Delegated permissions.
- Scroll down, and expand the AllSites drop-down, select AllSites.Manage.
- Expand the MyFiles drop-down, select MyFiles.Write.
Select Add permissions.
- Select Certificates & Secrets in the left side bar.
- Give the secret a description, such as:
- Set Expires to Never.
At the bottom of the next page, the Client Secret is revealed. This key is only shown once, so copy it before leaving the page.
With the app registered, select Overview in the left sidebar. The Client ID is shown next to the display name.
Once you have the Client Secret and Client ID, you are ready to integrate! To finish the integration, fill out the Sharepoint Credential Submission form.
We’ll then contact you once the integration is ready for you to use. Once complete, the Sharepoint integration will be ready to finalize.
The following instructions are for creating an integration for the first time. If you already have a connection, select the integration and select Add a Connection, or see How to create a new connection for an existing integration.
- Open the overflow menu in the top navigation bar, and select Admin.
- Select Integrations at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Add an Integration button in the top right corner.
- Select Sharepoint then select Add this Connection.
- Set the integration permissions if necessary.
- Select Connect.
- You will be redirected to a secure Microsoft login screen. Log in with the Sharepoint account you wish to connect.
- After logging in, Microsoft will ask you to authorize the connection. After authorizing or logging into your Microsoft account, the integration is ready to go and you’ll be returned back to Catalytic.
Thanks for your feedback
We update the Help Center daily, so expect changes soon.
Paste this URL anywhere to link straight to the section.