Catalytic has a flowchart view to help visualize the flow of your process. It is color-coded to make it easy to follow steps and dependency relationships. The flowchart view is accessible from the Builder screen of any Workflow.
To access the flowchart, open the Workflow Builder page for the Workflow you wish to see as a flowchart.
- From the Workflow Builder page, select in the top right and select Settings.
- Select next to the Workflow’s name, then select Flowchart.
- The flowchart view will open in a new tab.
Drag and rearrange tasks to get a better view of the relationships between actions. You can also toggle showing conditions on each task—select the in the top right, then select Toggle conditions.
✅ Heads-up: Rearranging the tasks does not change the dependencies or conditions, it is only illustrative.
The flowchart view is color-coded. Here is a legend of the colors and symbols used.
- Box with White Background: A task assigned to a user.
- Box with Blue Background: An automated task completed by Workflow.
- Box with Red Outline: A terminal task, which means no tasks are dependent on this task.
Black Arrow: Represents an All must be completed dependency relationship.
Grey Arrow: Represents an All must be completed or skipped dependency relationship.
Light Grey Arrow: Represents an At least one must be completed.
- Red Arrow: Represents a loop to a prior step using the Workflow: Reopen tasks and reset dependent tasks action.
For a quick reference of the colors, select the in the top right, then select Help.
If something’s not working as expected, or you’re looking for suggestions, check through the options below.
The flowchart view can only display valid processes, with logical dependencies, and no recursions.
This error is most common when the Workflow: Reopen tasks and reset dependent tasks action is used. Check the dependencies and conditions of the action to make sure it is not a dependent on one of the tasks being reopened, as it would then create a recursion. A common issue is an incorrectly set task name. See the configuration information for the task name field.
Additionally, check to make sure tasks are not dependent on one another, and that tasks are correctly configured with output field names and the required fields populated.
Thanks for your feedback
We update the Help Center daily, so expect changes soon.
Paste this URL anywhere to link straight to the section.