Catalytic regularly releases new, improved versions of our built in actions. To prevent interrupts or loss of functionality for your existing, active Workflows, any action existing in a Workflow will not be updated, even if a new version is released.
For example, if you added an Email: Send an email action to a Workflow last year, then at some point an update to that action was released—the Email: Send an email step you added last year is not updated. Though if after the release you add a new step with that action, it will be the latest version.
You can update an action by removing it, then adding it back again. This will always add the latest version of the action.
- Remove the action
- Add the action back again
Any actions that reference an output field from the action will still correctly reference the new action, unless there were significant changes to the output in one of the newer versions.
In some cases, you may need to downgrade an action. This may occur if a newer version caused a loss of functionality. This must be done using the previous editor.
- In the Workflow Builder screen, click an action you wish to edit with the previous editor.
- At the bottom of the configuration panel, select Open in Previous Editor
- From the previous editor, select Configure Action
Click on the URL bar for your web browser. If you cannot see the whole URL, scroll to the end of the URL so you can see the last few characters.
- If your action has multiple versions, you will see
V4or another version number, such as
V1. To change the version of the action, change the number. For example, to downgrade from
V4, replace the 4 with a 3.
- Hit Enter. The action will immediately downgrade and will display the new version number next to the task action type.
Any actions that reference an output field from the action will still correctly reference the new action, unless there were significant changes to the output in the new version.