Starts a Workflow instance when a new GitHub issue is created
The GitHub trigger initiates an instance of a Workflow whenever a new GitHub issue is created within a specified repository. The repository can be owned by either an organization or an individual user account.
The primary use case for this trigger is ensuring that new GitHub issues automatically get the visibility that they require.
The GitHub trigger requires a preconfigured GitHub integration. For more information on integrating Catalytic with other systems, please refer to the Integrations section of our help documentation.
- Name to label the trigger within the Triggers page.
- The organization name or username that owns the repository
- Specify the repository for the trigger to connect to
- Select from a list of all GitHub integration connections already authorized on your team.
The expected output of this trigger is an instance of the Workflow whenever a new issue has been created within the repository defined in GitHub Repository Name.
- The GitHub trigger works especially well when combined initially with a Web API: Send GET Request to parse out specific parameters of the new issue to then determine the next desired action for the Workflow.
Thanks for your feedback
We update the Help Center daily, so expect changes soon.
Paste this URL anywhere to link straight to the section.