This lesson covers essential building components like Process Templates, Actions, and Triggers. To illustrate, we will create a form so you can keep you supplier information updated.
In a Process Template, we will combine Actions into something that looks like a checklist. Actions are the building blocks of Catalytic, we will use these as steps in the process. We will also connect our automation to a Trigger event, in this case a web form, so people can start the process.
With these components, you will form the foundations for building your recurring process.
Let's get started with a brief overview video and then sign into our Catalytic team.
1. Create a process template to define the actions and rules that run every time a process starts.
2. Create a web form trigger that starts a process run after you submit the web form.
3. Create process template fields so you can input information before submission.
4. Create a web form task to collect information.
5. Import a spreadsheet to store data in a data table and perform actions on the data in the process.
6. Create an action that updates a row in your data table.
7. Now you have a Process Template equipped with a Trigger, Actions, and a Data Table. You can start this process from your web form trigger and view the process on the Processes page.
You can continue this lesson in Part 2, where you learn to bulk start, or batch, your newly-built process.