Considering the following example when learning about the concepts within Catalytic:
Jorge needs to take a vacation. He emails email@example.com, which is an email trigger that starts a new process based on the Vacation Request process template. A task in the process is assigned to Jorge's manager to accept or decline the request. She accepts and completes the task. Her acceptance is logged in a data table, and an integration with Outlook enables Jorge's vacation time to be automatically added to the team calendar.
In the left pane, access the following features:
- Tasks: Shows a list of the tasks that have been assigned to you as a part of a running process. Select any of the tasks to view instructions, input field values and mark them complete.
- Processes: Shows a list of the active processes that you started. Processes are based on the tasks and configuration defined in process templates. Select any of the processes to view the current status, including the tasks that have been completed and the tasks that are active.
- Data: Shows a list of data tables that store information for each process, as well as data tables that have been created through uploading spreadsheets. Select a data table to view the data and edit the values.
- Start a Process: Shows a list of the process templates that are available to you to start manually. After selecting a process template, you will be asked to input some information before it starts.
- Process Templates: Shows a list of the process templates that are available to you to edit. Process templates define the tasks that should run every time a process is started. Select the + button in the lower-right corner to create a new process template, or select a process template in the list to edit it.
- Integrations: Available only to Admin users, the Integrations page shows a list of integrations that have been configured to connect Catalytic with other apps or systems. These integrations are used to configure some tasks in process templates. Select the + button in the lower-right corner to create a new integration, or select a trigger in the list to edit it.
- Triggers: Shows a list of the triggers that have been configured to automatically start processes when an event occurs, such as an email is received, a record is created in another system, or a web form is completed. Select the + button in the lower-right corner to create a new trigger, or select a trigger in the list to edit it.
- Help & Support: Opens a new tab with this help guide. Search for articles or select the chat button in the lower-right corner to ask questions of Catalytic experts.
Near the upper-right corner, select the bell icon to view a list of notifications of recent updates from processes.
In the upper-right corner, select your initial or profile picture to access these features:
- My Profile: Shows your user profile. Select any of the entries to update the information. Select Notification Preferences to change how and when you receive notifications from Catalytic.
- My Team: Shows the list of users on the team. Select the + button in the lower-right corner to add new users. Select the Groups tab to add or change groups. Admin users can select a Customization tab to configure the team.
- Sign Out: Log out of Catalytic.
- Most pages feature filters at the top for displaying different items in the list or changing the sort order.