Starts a run of a process when a new GitHub issue is created
The GitHub trigger initiates a run of a process template whenever a new GitHub issue is created within a specified repository. The repository can be owned by either an organization or an individual user account.
The primary use case for this trigger is ensuring that new GitHub issues automatically get the visibility that they require.
As with all triggers, a Process Template is a prerequisite for creating the trigger.
In addition, the GitHub trigger also requires a preconfigured GitHub integration. For more information on integrating Catalytic with other systems, please refer to the Integrations section of our help documentation.
- Name to label the trigger within the Triggers page
Github Repository Owner
- The organization name or username that owns the repository
Github Repository Name
- Specify the repository for the trigger to connect to
- Select from a list of all GitHub integrations already authorized through the Integrations page
This Trigger will Start
- Process template to initiate when a new GitHub issue is created. Can enter template name directly or choose from dropdown menu that includes all process templates within the team
- The GitHub trigger works especially well when combined initially with a Web API: Send GET Request to parse out specific parameters of the new issue to then determine the next desired action for the process template.