A task is a type of action that assigns work to someone to complete. A task typically includes instructions and sometimes includes a form with fields for the person completing the task to provide some information. Additionally, a task might have a deadline indicating when it needs to be completed.
Examples of Use
- A manager is assigned a task to review and approve an expense
- An IT professional is assigned a task to provision a laptop to a new employee
- A sales person is assigned a task to upload the final contract for a new customer
To view and complete your tasks:
- Select Tasks in the left pane
- Select the task to complete
- If there are any fields, fill them out
- Select Complete
If you are not the best person to complete the tasks, select Reassign and select another team member.
If you can't complete this task yet, select Snooze and select a timeframe that precedes the task deadline. Snoozed tasks will be hidden from your task list until their time is up.
- By default, you will receive notifications via email to complete tasks. Change this by updating your notification preferences.
- Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*)
- Use the Add a comment box at the bottom to communicate with others or leave a note for yourself. To notify a specific person, enter @ followed by their username, such as @jorge.