Data is stored in Catalytic within data tables. You can upload an Excel spreadsheet or CSV file to store the data in a data table, in order to perform automated actions on that data within processes.
- Identify the spreadsheet, either CSV or Excel, you would like to import
- Select Data in the left pane
- Select the + icon in the bottom right corner
- Upload your CSV or XLSX file
- Name your table
- Define which row in your spreadsheet labels each column of data (typically row 1)
- Select OK
- Imported data tables have a different icon from the data tables which are created by each process template
- By selecting the 3-dot icon in the top right, you can Export as, Rename, Replace with file or Archive your imported data table.
- Be thoughtful when choosing the column header names prior to importing. Once imported, if you change the display name of the column, the name to reference throughout your process will still be the original name. To change, you will need to Export as and Replace with file to override the original column header.
- The field type for each column will be automatically determined based on the data, including: Decimal, Integer, Choose One, True or False and Text. To change any of the column types, select the column header when viewing the table.