Starts a process run when a web form is submitted.
The Web Form trigger generates a publicly accessible web page with a form that includes all Process Template Fields defined within a process template. When the form is completed, the trigger initiates a run of that process template using the information entered into the form.
The web form trigger is useful for starting a process based on input from customers, partners, vendors and employees who are not users within your Catalytic team. The web form often times serves as an intake mechanism for requests, tickets, or issues that can then be addressed through a process.
Here are some sample templates from our Process Template Gallery which include this trigger. Please follow the links below and complete the associated form to request a template.
- Customer Service Sentiment-based Ticket Routing
- VC Deal Flow
- Webform Request - Analysis & Approval
- Employee Vacation Approval
The Gallery Template Request form linked to above is actually a Web Form trigger itself and can serve as further demonstration of the feature's capabilities.
- In a Process Template, add one or more Process Template Fields to serve as the fields to display on the web form
- Select Triggers in the left pane
- Select the + button in the lower-right corner
- Select Web Form
- Enter a Trigger Name
- Enter a Form title and Form instructions to appear to people completing the web form
- In the URL box, enter the text to appear at the end of a URL:
https://teamname.pushbot.com/forms/URL Text Here
- If you want people completing the form to see the names of actions and track the progress of the process, turn on Public Status Tracking
- In the This trigger will start box, select the process template to start when this web form is submitted
- Team admins can add your company logo to the top of the web form by uploading the logo under My Team > Customization.
- Since Web Form triggers are publicly accessible, it is suggested to use this type of trigger only for processes that need to be initiated by individuals who are not users in your Catalytic team.
- Web Form triggers are ideal for allowing non-Catalytic users to initiate process templates requiring a significant amount of data input. An alternative, ideal for less data input (1-2 text fields and/or a few files), is through an Email trigger, which creates a dedicated email address that starts a run whenever a message is received to that address.