Integrations can be set up by Admin users to connect Catalytic with other systems.
To create a new integration:
- Select Integrations on the left side
- Select the + button in the lower-right corner
- Select the system and configure as needed
- Select Connect
Dedicated Integration Users
To connect Catalytic with another application, we recommend creating a dedicated user account in the outside system, instead of using an existing user’s account. Catalytic can use that user to authenticate the integration. This gives you greater control, reliability and security, as well as simplifying configuration, testing and support of the integration. If you can’t create a dedicated user exclusively for Catalytic, using a shared integration user is the next best alternative.
The benefits of having a dedicated Catalytic integration user in the external system include:
- Security - Ability to provision the user with the specific and limited permissions required for the integration.
- Integration reliability - Avoid problems caused when a user ’s password changes or account is deactivated
- Audit trail - Track the changes made Catalytic, without have to separate them from a user’s manual updates to the application
If you have questions about recommended best practices for a specific integration, contact Catalytic help.
- If you don't see the Integrations option in your left pane, you are not an Admin user. Contact one of your Admins to set up the integration.
- Some systems will have required integration setup.
- Ensure the user setting up the integration will have an active account with the other system for the foreseeable future. As the integration is tied to the user's account, it will need to be reset if the other system's account becomes inactive.
- Looking an integration not on the list? Chat with us or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.