The best CRM systems for sales can help manage some of the time consuming and vital parts of selling, but even the most robust CRM can’t integrate across all the other systems your sales team uses in their sales process.
Sales professionals are involved in email, reporting, pricing, collaboration across teams in different offices and time zones, scheduling calendar events, phone calls, or demos; all happening across different platforms, systems, and applications. It’s easy to see why research shows that sales reps are spending 64% of time in non selling activities.
CRM is assumed to be the key tool for supporting sales teams and helping manage their work, but sales professional interviews consistently highlight that CRM is actually the biggest frustration, so much so that sales reps spend less than 18% of their time in CRM. The biggest complaints and frustration about CRM and other sales tools? Too many mundane administrative tasks and time-consuming company policies to adhere to within the CRM. 
With Catalytic’s solutions, you can quickly get to automating the mundane and tedious work that’s critical to empowering sales and the sales pipeline. Catalytic automates any business process and can free up you or your people to focus on more meaningful work. In fact, research shows up to 30% of some occupations work can be automated; this means hundreds of hours a year you alone can save.
Automation saves time and that extra saved time can go back to meaningful work. Applying automation in your sales pipeline means you can:
- Help your sales reps stick with your company sales process by smoothing out the tedious parts of your sales process with automation.
- Reduce administrative work with automated actions based on email keywords.
- Accelerate the sales cycle by involving pricing, marketing, and other departments automatically with custom routed tasks.
- Gather insight on new leads by tracking keyword prevalence.
- Improve Salesforce data quality with automated customer information updates.
We are 1 company, but have 100’s of capabilities. These improvements in your sales pipeline all start with our automation platform.
To review the basics of using our platform, check out our Getting Started Guide. If you’re getting ready to build new processes in Catalytic, our Automate and Build a Workflow Guide can get you going right away.
Whether you’re just getting started or have a lot of Catalytic experience, just remember that at the most basic level, Catalytic is set up like building blocks, allowing you or your company to set up automation fast and get rapid results. For sales pipeline management, we have a few recommend solutions you can follow along with and see these benefits right away.
Here are 3 automated processes you can install and get started with:
Keyword-based Automatic Routing
This process starts with an incoming email and ends with a task action for a teammate or department. This process includes automations like:
- Parsing email for specific keywords
- Automatically assigning a task to a team member based on keywords
- Starting other automation like customized email responses based on keywords
- Initiating another process, like a contract approval or price request, based on keywords
- Perform numerous automated actions based on keywords, like responding to an email or storing data before any manual work is done
Here’s an overview of our keyword-based automatic routing solution. This flowchart illustrates the basic structure that’s prepackaged in the solution. Start today with this prepackaged keyword routing process and get up and running quickly, then fine tune over time to automate even more.
Like all Catalytic processes, the steps of your automation are highly customizable. Prefer to have a manual task to review the keywords identified? Want to assign a task to a whole group of people, like a department or team? Drag and drop a few automated actions and task actions in the process and you’re good to go.
Our solutions can save you even more time with extra configuration. For inspiration, you could start with our premade keyword-based routing solution, start saving time, then later on add things like:
- Add on sentiment analysis to the automatic routing to route more intelligently
- Update Salesforce contact records based on keywords
- Look up customer contact information based on keywords and populate a powerpoint with contact specific information
Customer Information Updates
This process starts with with a list of customers, sends automated requests for new or updated customer information, and ends with updated customer information. This process is fully automated and only needs to be started manually or, if set on a scheduled cadence, can be run fully automated with no manual tasks for your team. This process includes automations like:
- Sending dynamic automated emails to customers in a customer or supplier database.
- Downloading and manipulating files from cloud storage.
- Updating and adding new customer information to an Excel spreadsheet
- Matching customer information to their respective Salesforce account and updating information in Salesforce
Here’s an overview of our information update solution. This flowchart illustrates the basic structure that’s prepackaged in the solution. This prepackaged information update process can get you up and running quickly and is easy to fine tune over time with more personalized automation.
Like all Catalytic processes, the steps of your automation are highly customizable. Prefer to update and maintain employee information rather than customer information? Drag and drop a few automated actions and task actions in the process and you’re good to go.
Our solutions can save you even more time with extra configuration. For inspiration, you could start with our premade customer information update solution, start saving time, then later on add things like:
- Include a reminder action to encourage updates from a customer that hasn’t responded yet.
- Include custom fields in the information update and update custom objects in a Salesforce account.
- Create a dynamic word document summarizing the changes made to their customer information for record keeping.
- Add a e-signature or file field to the automation to collect and update customer contracts or forms.
Contract Creation & Signature
This process starts with with a contract template, dynamically populates it with customer or employee information, and ends by sending the contract for a signature. This process includes automations like:
- Using a dynamic word document and customizing it with customer specific information like name and address
- Converting the word document to PDF automatically
- Send out a PDF for an electronic signature in an easy online form
Here’s an overview of our contract solution. This flowchart illustrates the basic structure that’s prepackaged in the solution. This prepackaged process can get you up and running quickly and is easy to fine tune over time with more personalized automation.
Like all Catalytic processes, the steps of your automation are highly customizable. Prefer to send a dynamic email and white paper along with the contract? Or automatically schedule a meeting with the contract recipient? Drag and drop a few automated actions and task actions in the process and you’re good to go.
Our solutions can save you even more time with extra configuration. For inspiration, you could start with our premade contract creation and signature solution, start saving time, then later on add things like:
- Sort and store any paperwork in your preferred cloud storage automatically
- Update a custom object in a Salesforce account with the signed contract
- Upon signature of the contract, automatically change the stage of a Salesforce opportunity
- Automatically start another process that sends the signed contract to another department to start pricing or marketing work