You’re in HR and you know performance management involves setting clear and specific expectations, providing specific and ongoing feedback, and supporting the dialogue between managers and employees. You also know that additional responsibilities like coordinating onboarding or system access can creep into your day to day work.
When elements of performance management are completed in a thoughtful and coherent manner the results for all parties are positive and contribute to a strong and high performance culture at a company, but some of this work can and should be automated so you can focus on consistently delivering high quality planning and management of employee performance, not tedious or repetitive back and forths.
With Catalytic’s solutions, you can quickly get to automating part of your daily performance management. Catalytic automates any business process and can free up you or your people to focus on more meaningful work. In fact, research shows up to 30% of some occupations work can be automated; this means hundreds of hours a year you alone can save.
Automation saves time and that extra saved time can go back to meaningful work. Applying automation to your performance management processes means you can:
- Hire the best candidates with seamless automation-guided handoffs between the hiring manager, recruiter, and interviewers.
- Increase candidate satisfaction from day 1 with consistent, predictable, and timely candidate follow up.
- Make data-driven hiring decisions with automated data collection for all candidates.
- Continuous hiring improvement by standardizing and iterating on the hiring process.
- Create a personalized onboarding experience for each candidate with custom forms, tasks, or actions that welcome each new hire.
- Keep track of the entire onboarding process in one place and know exactly how the onboarding process is going and see who is accountable for each new step, always.
- Measure your onboarding over time by collecting new hire feedback and comparing the experience hire-to-hire as you improve the onboarding process.
We are 1 company, but have 100’s of capabilities. These improvements in your performance management all start with our automation platform.
To review the basics of using our platform, check out our Getting Started Guide. If you’re getting ready to build new processes in Catalytic, our Automate and Build a Pushbot Guide can get you going right away.
Whether you’re just getting started or have a lot of Catalytic experience, just remember that at the most basic level, Catalytic is set up like building blocks, allowing you or your company to set up automation fast and get rapid results. In HR, we have a few recommend solutions you can follow along with and see these benefits right away.
Here are 2 automated processes you can install and get started with:
This process begins with a new candidate application and ends, after multiple rounds of interviews and processing, with a final offer or rejection letter. This process includes automations like:
- Scheduling interviews
- Automated applicant research and lookup
- Compiling post-interview feedback into data tables
- Sending reminders to candidates and interviewers
- Requesting forms, paperwork, or data from candidates
- Automatically inviting specific interviewers based on job role
Here’s an overview of our Candidate Interviewing solution. This flowchart illustrates the basic structure that’s prepackaged in the solution. This prepackaged candidate interviewing process can get you up and running quickly and is easy to fine tune over time with more personalized automation.
Like all Catalytic processes, the steps of your automation are highly customizable. Prefer to have two rounds of in-person interviews? Drag and drop a few automated actions and task actions in the process and you’re good to go.
Our solutions can save you even more time with extra configuration. For inspiration, you could start with our premade candidate interviewing process above, start saving time, then later on add things like:
- Automated signature and document signing requests
- Connect to your company calendar and find interview times automatically
- Run sentiment analysis on candidate applications to predict hiring likelihood
- Route incoming applications directly to the appropriate hiring manager
This process automates new employee onboarding by automating steps before and after a new hire start date, like office set up, distribution of new hire materials and forms, introducing the new hire to other employees and company policy, and providing access to company systems. At the end of the process, a new hire will be ready to jump into productive work. This process includes automations like:
Auto-generating custom employment forms with employee specific data
Sending dynamic forms to collect new hire paperwork like I-9 forms
Assigning manual tasks to departments/individuals to prepare things like desk location, ordering security cards, ordering and setting up a new computer, and more. Includes follow up tasks to confirm completion
Convert all onboarding documents into specific file types and dynamically store them in cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive
Automate signature collection through a simple web based e-signature service
Collecting feedback from new employee on onboarding experience
Here’s an overview of our Employee Onboarding solution. This flowchart illustrates the basic structure that’s prepackaged in the solution. This prepackaged onboarding process can get you up and running quickly and is easy to fine tune over time with more personalized automation.
Like all Catalytic processes, the steps of your automation are highly customizable. Does your company like to host a team lunch for a new hire? Drag and drop a few automated actions and task actions in the process and automate scheduling a team lunch on their first day.
Our solutions can save you even more time with extra configuration. For inspiration, you could start with the premade onboarding process above, start saving time, then later on add things like:
Send specific access codes or addresses by SMS text right when a new employee needs them
Introduce a new hire over Slack on their first day with dynamic information like their job description
Populate a powerpoint template with new hire specific information so there’s a customized presentation ready for them on their first day